DMU, AMS, FASA
Ward Ultrasound Services
Visionary and Founder of Obstetric Sonography Online Reference Library
Samantha Ward has over 22 years’ experience in obstetric ultrasound and gained her post graduate DMU (Diploma of Medical Ultrasound) qualification in the year 2000. Prior to this she studied at Curtin University of Technology and has a Diploma of Applied Science (Diagnostic Radiography). Sam has been granted a Fellowship of the Australasian Sonographers Association.
Sam is an Accredited Medical Sonographer and is registered with the Fetal Medicine Foundation to perform First Trimester Screening inclusive of nasal bone and uterine artery Doppler assessment.
She is currently the Senior Sonographer at Vestrum Ultrasound for Women in Bunbury, Western Australia. She is passionate about Ultrasound Education and has held previous tutoring positions including:
* Tutor Sonographer and study guideline author for the Obstetric Sonography Unit – Master of Medical Sonography, Curtin University, Western Australia.
* Tutor Sonographer, King Edward Memorial Hospital for Women, Perth, Western Australia.
* Tutor Sonographer Swan District Hospital Emergency Department, Swan District, WA.
Sam regularly visits rural and remote locations in WA to perform general and obstetric ultrasound.
As an Accredited Medical Sonographer Sam has current memberships with:
* ASA Australasian Sonographers Association
* ASAR Australian Sonographers Accreditation Registry
* ASUM Australian Society for Ultrasound in Medicine
* SDMS – Society of Diagnostic Medical Sonography
She has been a member of the editorial review board for “Sonography” – Journal of the Australian Sonographers Association for three years and has written a peer reviewed article “Living on the edge…velamentous cord insertion.”, published in soundeffects. 2013;(1):20-22.
Samantha Ward (Ward Ultrasound Services) would like to acknowledge and thank the following professionals and institutions for their contribution to the Obstetric Sonography website:
Dr Andrea Liddiard: Vestrum Ultrasound for Women, Bunbury, W.A.
Associate Professor Craig Pennell : Specialist Centre for Fetal Imaging
Dr Scott White: Specialist Centre for Fetal Imaging
Dr Suzanne Meharry Obstetrician West Leederville, W.A.
Dr Seonaid Mulroy Obstetrician / Sonologist Subiaco, W.A.